The Georgia Induction of Special Education Teachers Pilot Program is designed to provide a purposeful, sequenced structure of extended preparation and professional development for beginning special education teachers (SETs) that facilitates and supports both their transition from teacher preparation to induction and their development as highly effective special education teachers.
For additional information about the Georgia Induction of Special Education Teachers Pilot for 2011-2012, contact Cynde Snider at email@example.com or 404-657-9971.
- To improve student achievement through the development of highly effective and professional special education teachers
- To improve student achievement through the retention of special education teachers
Alignment with Goals of GaDOE Strategic Plan
- Increase high school graduation rate, decrease high school drop-out rate, and increase post-secondary enrollment
- Strengthen teacher quality, recruitment, and retention
- Improve workforce readiness skills
- Improve SAT, ACT, and achievement scores
- State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Discretionary Grant
- Berrien County
- Carroll County
- Henry County
- Lowndes County